Today is May 21, 2013 - 12 Sivan 5773
It’s not too early to make plans for this coming summer!
For more information about any of the programs below, check out the USY website for descriptions of programs, sample itineraries, pictures, and much more.
Programs in North America
- USY on Wheels, East – Open to current 8th graders, this trip covers the East coast of the United States and Canada on an incredible four-week adventure.
- “Classic” USY on Wheels – Spend six and a half weeks traveling coast to coast and experience North America, from sunrise on the rim of the Grand Canyon to pizza and blues in Chicago, as you connect with the people and places of this great continent.
- USY on Wheels, Mission Mitzvah – Wheelniks interact with and learn about various communities throughout North America through intensive social action projects, while participating in many of the same social, educational, touring, and sightseeing programs as the “Classic” Wheels program.
- USY on Wheels, Pacific Northwest – Explore some of North America’s most spectacular wonders of nature from Mount Rainier in Washington State to Banff and Lake Louise in the Province of Alberta, to the glaciers of Alaska. Capture the excitement of Seattle and the uniqueness of Vancouver, British Columbia, in a four week adventure that will leave you transformed.
- Summer in the City – Spend five weeks in New York City in a challenging academic environment taking courses at the Jewish Theological Seminary of America and Barnard College and living in the JTS residence halls. The program also includes volunteer work and sightseeing and recreational activities around New York City.
Programs in Israel/Europe
- “Classic” Israel Pilgrimage – Spend six weeks in Israel for a complete introduction to the land, including the “Gadna” Israeli army Program. Become exposed to the history and contemporary realities of Judaism and Israel as you tour the length and breadth of the country with newfound friends.
- Eastern Europe/Israel Pilgrimage – pend two weeks exploring the history and cultures of Poland, the Czech Republic, and Hungary. Emphasis is placed on the past, present, and future of these extraordinary Jewish communities. Then you’ll spend four exciting weeks in Israel.
- Israel Pilgrimage/Poland Seminar – Spend one week in Poland, visiting Warsaw, Cracow, and Lublin, including the concentration camp sites of Auschwitz, Birkenau, Treblinka, Sobibor, and Majdanek, while exploring and studying the Holocaust and history of Polish Jewry. Then spend five weeks in Israel.
- Israel Adventure Plus – (This five week program is for those who have already participated in Israel Pilgrimage or a similar program). Discover the Israeli side of Israel. Meet the challenge of study combined with volunteer work, hiking, and interaction with Noam (USY’s sister movement in Israel).
- USY Israel Adventure – Experience a “taste” of Israel for four weeks. This unique group focuses upon growth and exploration. (Israel Adventure is for those who have little or no previous USY involvement).